AECP: Beautiful Details

 Hello,

Today I am showcasing how I added details to my cards. The course by Marika Rahtu showed how to use different coloring medium to add details to the stamped images. I used Altenew inks, Altenew Copic markers, watercolor pencils and watercolors on my cards. 

My first and second card features Altenew’s Build-a-flower: Indian Lotus stamp set. I stamped the outline of the lotus on Neenah Solar white 80lb paper with a pale ink and then went ahead and colored it with my watercolor pencils.


I added simple strokes on the petals of the lotus with a dark and light pink. I added more colors on the tip of each petal and toward some of the end of the petals. I left the center petals white. This helps to create some “shading” and contrast for the colors.


Drawing strokes with the color pencils give some details to the petals. I like it that these add more texture and interest to the overall picture. I drew the stems for the lotus and stamped a sentiment toward the center right.


I partial cut a small section of the left panel, leaving the petal and part of the stem. I added some silver glitter paper on the card front and foam mounted the panel on it. I added a few pearl gems to finish the card. 

My second card uses the same stamp set but it is colored with water colors. I created a horizontal card this time with a slightly different picture composition.



I stamped the images with a pale ink and colored it with watercolors. I added a concentrated amount of red paint on the tip of each petal and diluted it with different amount of clear water each time. I like it that I can control how dark or pale color I want for each petal. 


Each petal has a dark and white shade and this adds to the interest to the lotus. Using a semi wet fine tip brush, I added the “veins” of the petals with concentrated red paint. This added detail differs from the first card above - this card gives a softer and a looser water coloring effect.


Once again, I drew the stems added a lily pad in my picture. Then, I stamped a sentiment and adhered some gems. I glued a piece of gold card stock on my card front and foam mounted the card panel on the card. I like it that different coloring mediums can create different details and “mood” to the cards created.

The third card uses Altenew’s Birds of a feather stamp set. I stamped the birds with different Altenew ink pads.



I drew the twigs with a brown copic marker. To add details to the picture, I used Altenew alcohol markers to “dot” on the birds. The colors of the markers complement the inks used and gives the picture some “shaded” texture.




These dots give the overall picture some shading and texture without much effort. I splattered some ink on the background and stamped a sentiment between the birds. Again, I added some bling on the panel. I added a strip of colored card stock on the card front and foam mounted the panel onto it.

Adding details give my cards greater depths and interest. Using the different coloring mediums, I am confident in creating more beautiful cards in the future.

Have a great week,
Juliet


















 



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

AECP: Level 2 Final Challenge

AECP: Creative Watercolor Media

AECP: Level 1 Final Challenge Masculine cards set