AECP: Color Your Day

 Hello,

Welcome back! Today’s blog is about adding colors on my card project. There are a variety of coloring mediums - namely; water colors, (water) color pencils, copic markers, watercolor markers, colored ink pads etc. Different medium that is chosen for the projects, can change the look and set the “mood” of the project.

My first card uses Altenew’s ink pads and stamp set Vintage Roses. I love the ink colors from Altenew. The color family coordinates well with each other and it helps take out the guess work on what colors to use for the layering stamps.


I stamped the layering rose stamps with a variety of pink shades to create my card composition. I added different shades of green and a little blue to accompany the pink shades. 




I stamped a sentiment at the center of the card between the two clusters of roses. I mounted the card front on a pink and dark green card stock and adhered them onto a card front. I spritzed some silver stardust and adhered a few diamond gems for some added interest.

My second card uses Altenew’s Precious Peony stamp set. I stamped the peony on a water color paper and used Altenew’s watercolor brush markers to color the image.



These brush markers have very vibrant colors and they really make the images pop. I used a mixture of red, purple, pink and yellow for the petals of the peony. I added shades of green for the leaves as well.





I added a blue shade to accentuate the peony. I love to use water with the watercolor brush markers to move the colors. At the same time, I like to leave some white space for some contrast. To finish the card, I tied a twine towards the bottom half of the panel, mounted onto a purple and black card stock and foam mounted onto a card front. Finally, I added added a few pearl embellishment.

My third card also uses Altenew’s Precious Peony stamp set. Using a different floral image, I stamped it with copic friendly ink onto Neenah’s card stock.



I used a pencil to outline 2 circles on the image. This will define the space where I color. Using copic markers, I colored the flowers, leaves and background within the circle(s).




This was an interesting experience for me as I colored each defined space a different color. The final outcome has both outlines as well as colors. It was a lot of fun to color only in the defined space, and also to use different color combinations. I added some shading on the top half of the panel and splattered some black ink.  I stamped a sentiment near the floral image as well. I mounted a gold mirror card stock behind the panel and foam mounted it onto a card front. A few gems are added for some interest.

I love to use different coloring medium on my projects. Sometimes, I use the layering stamps and Altenew’s ink pads. But no matter which one I choose to use, I always make sure that the colors I choose help to set the “right” mood for my creations.

Have a great week,

Juliet






















Comments

  1. Oh wow wow wow! I had a hard time choosing which one to feature on the Altenew blog and which one to feature on our newsletter! SUCH vibrant cards, such gorgeous florals! LOVE LOVE

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

AECP: Level 2 Final Challenge

AECP: Creative Watercolor Media

AECP: Level 1 Final Challenge Masculine cards set