AECP: Celebration:Stencil Techniques

 Hello,

Welcome back! Today I got to play with some of my stencils using the techniques taught in this course. My favorite technique is using dies to create my own stencils. It is such a wonderful way to stretch my dies. I get to play my stencils and had lots of fun.

My first card features Altenew’s Sketched Lines stencil. I used blue ink on the stencil and then added a layer of Ranger’s stickles glitter gel over it. After letting it dry, I rubbed some blue ink on top of the stenciled image using my blending tool.


Then, I trimmed my panel down to 3.5” by 4.5”. I embossed some dots using Sunny Studio’s Lots of dots embossing folder on my card front. I wrapped some twine onto the stenciled panel.



I die cut 4 “hello” in white card stock using Altenew’s Fancy Hello die and stacked them up. I used a holographic paper for the top die cut. I adhered my stenciled panel to my card front using foam tape and pasted my hello die cut and some iridescent bubbles. 

My second card uses Altenew’s Floral Wallpaper stencil and Virginia Rose 3D die. I blended 3 distress oxide ink on my card stock. I put my stencil on top and added a layer of baby wipe before using my die cutting machine to make an impression on my card stock. The baby wipe lifts the ink off the stencil image.


The ink that was lifted created a soft looking image. Once the panel is completely dry, I added a black card stock behind it as a backing. Using white card stock, I die cut the flowers and leaves from Virginia Rose die.


I glued the flower and leaves towards the bottom left of the card. I added a sentiment using Altenew’s Sentiment Strip 2 . I spritzed a pump of Sheer shimmer on top of the flower for some glitter.

My third card uses Altenew’s Layered Floral Cover die A and B as my stencils. I die cut twice from die A and once from die  B for this project.  


I ink blended both die cuts using purple Altenew’s ink. One in a lighter shade and one darker shade.  Once the blending is complete, I added a thin layer of Ranger’s stickles glitter gel. This gives the card some sparkle and shine as well as some texture.



Once the panel is completely dry, I adhered it to my card front and added the extra die A cut out on top. I added a sentiment using Altenew’s Sentiment Strips 2 . This completes the card.

Stencils are an inexpensive way to card making. Combined with dies and stamps, they can really add lots of interest and colors to your card.

Have a wonderful week,
Juliet









Comments

  1. Absolutely stunning cards! LOVE LOVE LOVE them! Thank you for submitting your gorgeous work to the AECP assignment gallery.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

AECP: Level 2 Final Challenge

AECP: Creative Watercolor Media

AECP: Level 1 Final Challenge Masculine cards set