AECP: Beyond Basic Backgrounds

 Hello,

I am very very happy to announce that I am awarded my AECP Level 1, and I am going to embark on my Level 2 courses! Woo-hoo!! I know I am going to learn more from the talented instructors and hone my skills and knowledge in the card making world.



My first card for the “beyond basic backgrounds” course features Altenew’s Majestic Mistletoe stamp set. Using the smallest leaf branch, I started to stamp the top of my panel using the darkest shade of green Altenew ink. 


Using different shades of green, from the darkest to lightest ink shade, I stamped the entire panel with the leaf branch stamp. This creates a gradual gradient of green on the panel.




Once the panel is completely stamped, I blended some dark green ink toward the top of the panel to give it some interest. Then, I die cut 2 circle die cuts - one bigger than the other on a piece of vellum and white card stock. I stamped and embossed the words “merry & bright” in Altenew’s gold embossing ink, on the white card stock and glued it onto the vellum. I adhered the sentiment on the stamped panel and added a gold mirror card stock onto the panel. I added some twine toward the bottom of the panel and foam mounted it onto a card front. Finally, I added some small sequins for some added interest.

My second card uses Altenew’s Build-a-flower: Morning Glory stamp set. I love to use the layering stamps to create beautiful floral images as the focus of my card. There are a total of four layered stamps for the large morning glory flower. I stamped the images in shades of blue Altenew’s ink. 


I embossed the last layering stamp in Altenew’s gold embossing powder to add some interest and sparkle onto the floral images. I stamped the leaves and vines around the flowers to centralize the images. 



I stamped a sentiment from Altenew’s Wild Fern stamp set and added a gold mirror card stock as a backing. I foam mounted the sentiment onto the panel. To give it some dimension, I added a thin strip of gold mirror card stock on the left of the card front, and foam mounted the entire panel onto the card front. I also added a few blue colored sequins to match the flowers. For more added sparkle on the flowers, I used Nuvo glitter brush on the petals.

My third card showcases Altenew’s Best mom stamp set. I covered my entire panel with shades of green distress oxide ink. I blended the colors with the blending tool and allowed the panel to dry completely.


Once the panel is dry, I stamped and embossed the entire panel with the floral image using Altenew gold embossing powder. Using some clean water and a small brush, I wet the petals and leaves by filling it with  water and then cleaning it off with a dry cloth. This helps to “lift” the colors off the panel, leaving a soft and pale color behind, acting as a contrast to the background.



I stamped a sentiment from Altenew’s Sentiment strip 2 and foam mounted it on the panel. I glued the panel onto a gold mirror card stock and foam mounted the entire panel onto the card front. I added some clear sequins onto the panel for some shine. 

I love creating backgrounds for my cards, They are easy and fun to make - especially using the different techniques learnt in this course.

Have a great week,
Juliet
















Comments

  1. FABULOUS cards!!! Thank you for submitting your work to the AECP assignment gallery.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

AECP: Level 2 Final Challenge

AECP: Creative Watercolor Media

AECP: Level 1 Final Challenge Masculine cards set