AECP: Clean and Simple Boutique Cards

Hello! Welcome back to my blog. I am happy to share my cards with you here.

To create cards with a minimal look and to also have the “wow” factor, I will incorporate 1 or 2 elements in my cards.  “Less is more” will be my main focus for this assignment. I have so much fun with this course that I made 3 cards in this assignment.


In my first card, I used Altenew’s Birds of a Feather and Peony Bouquet stamp sets to create the focal point of the card. I embossed the bird in different colored embossing powder and fussy cut the image. Then, I stamped the image of the peony, small flower and leaf and fussy cut them too.

  


Before I adhere the cut out images, I cut my panel to 4” by 5.25” and stamped some leaves images on the bottom left.  I then scored 2 lines from the edge of the paper around the perimeter to create a border.



I added foam tape behind the bird and flowers to give them some dimension and finally adhered a sentiment on the bird. I added my panel on a gold glitter card stock before mounting it on the card front. I like that the card is simple yet striking with the embossed bird image and the pop of pink from the peony.

The 2nd card is created using Altenew’s wildflower Garden stamp set. I stamped the images toward the lower half of the card stock using Altenew’s ink.

 

 I stamped an extra image on another paper, die cut with a circle die and added a gold mirror card stock behind the image.




I added distress ink around the bottom half of the panel and stamped a sentiment. I adhered my panel on   a gold mirrored card stock and tied a bow using some twine. I like the space left on the top half of the card, and the flower raised by the circle die cut, giving it some interest.

The 3rd card is made with Altenew’s Garden Silhouette stamp set. This card has a lot of white space with the center being the main focus.


   

Using 3 square dies, I dry embossed the center of the card. I stamped my images and then ink blended the background using distress ink. Finally, I added a sentiment toward the bottom center of the card.

I adhered my panel onto a gold glitter card stock before adding it to the card front. This completed card measures 6” by 6”. I like how the gold glitter gives this card a classy look.





I like that the square dies created the defined embossed area and the colors at the center really makes this card pop. Less is really more.  I really enjoyed making these cards as they are truly easy to make.

Thank you for stopping by. Have a wonderful week,

Juliet

Comments

  1. absolutely gorgeous!! so so so beautiful! Thankyou for submitting your wonderful work to the AECP assignment gallery.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

AECP: Level 2 Final Challenge

AECP: Creative Watercolor Media

AECP: Level 1 Final Challenge Masculine cards set