AECP: Easy Ink Blending Techniques

 Hello,

Welcome to my blog. Today I will be sharing some easy ink blending techniques that I learnt from Altenew. Ink blending is really fun and I have enjoyed creating some cards with my inks. 

My first card features Altenew’s Dandelion Wishes stamp set. I die cut a rectangle from a card stock to create a window. Using Altenew’s inks, I blended some purple, orange and pink ink to create a colored background.



Once the background is done, I stamped the dandelions in Versafine black ink. This silhouette effect is really beautiful as the black solid image against the colored background creates a clean and simple look.



To finish this card, I added a black card stock on the back of my panel and then mounted it onto the front of a card. I left a strip of white on both sides of the card to have some contrast. I did not add any glitter or sequins to this card as I want the focus to be on the stamp and colored background.

I used Altenew’s Line Art stamp set for my second card. I stamped the solid images with the yellow and orange inks and then partial die cut the images using the coordinating dies. 


Using some light and dark yellow ink, I blended the edge of the stamped panel, leaving some white space. I also blended some orange and pink ink at the front of the card panel. This blended background coordinates well with the stamped images.



I adhered a strip of gold mirrored card stock on the left of the card front and foam mounted the stamped images. I also added a sentiment from the same stamp set.  The card also needed a few golden embellishments for some added interest. Finally, I used Nuvo glitter brush to add some glitter on my stamped images. 

The third card uses Altenew’s Paint-a-flower: Hydrangea stamp set. I first embossed the hydrangea image with white embossing powder. Then, using distress oxide inks, I blended my whole panel in shades of blue.


Once the whole card stock is fully blended, I used a wet brush to lift the color off the petals. As these are distress oxide inks, the blue that was previously there got faded into a lighter shade. This allowed me to add purple distress oxide inks onto the petals. I love coloring the petals with distress oxide inks.  There is no need to worry that the colors will bleed as the embossed images traps the water within.



I also added some shades of green on the leaves. Once the coloring is done, I left the panel to dry. Using a small wet brush, I sprinkled some water onto the whole panel to create some water marks on the background. I foam mounted this panel onto the front of my card. I adhered a strip of gold glitter card stock toward the bottom and added a sentiment above it. Finally, I added a few sequins for some glitter on the card.

I love how ink blending can be the focal point or complements the stamped images on a card. They can also be used as a coloring tool. I really love playing with inks in my card making projects and I look forward to making more.

Have a great week,
Juliet












Comments

  1. Absolutely fantastic cards! Thank you for submitting your work to the AECP assignment gallery.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

AECP: Level 2 Final Challenge

AECP: Creative Watercolor Media

AECP: Level 1 Final Challenge Masculine cards set