AECP: Magical Marker Techniques

 Welcome back,

Coloring is one of my many favorite card making “techniques”. Many card makers own coloring mediums such as paint, watercolors, watercolor pencils, brush markers and alcohol markers etc. Instead of using alcohol markers as a coloring tool on card stock paper, I am using alcohol markers from Altenew on different mediums such acetate, vellum and glitter card stock on my card making projects.

My first card uses Altenew’s Cartoon Tulips stamp set on acetate. I die cut 4 rectangular frames from my dies and stacked them together. I cut out a piece of silver glitter card stock to 3.25” by 4..75”. Using a heat resistant acetate, I heat embossed the tulip image in white embossing powder. I colored the tulips on the reverse side of the acetate.



I trimmed the acetate to the size of the rectangular frame and taped it with the frames. Next, I adhered my silver glitter card stock onto my card front and foam mounted my tulips and rectangular frames on top of it.




I die cut a thinner red rectangular frame for more definition. This card resembles a sun catcher with a glittery background that helps to make the card sparkle without any additional sequins. Coloring on this image is quick and simple as well.

My second card uses Altenew’s Peony Dream 3D die. After die cutting all the pieces on white glitter card stock, I used my alcohol markers to color all the pieces.



I love that I get to use whatever colors I choose instead of having to have lots of different colored card stock at hand. After assembling the flowers, I used Zots 3D adhesive dots to add dimensions on them.





I cut a white card stock to 4” by 5” and embossed it using Altenew’s Basic Plaid embossing folder. I adhered it onto a black card stock and foam mounted it onto a card front measuring 6.5” by 5.25”. I added a black diamond frame from Altenew’s Fine Frames Diamond Die Set before adding my florals. Finally, I added a sentiment toward the bottom of the panel and also some diamond crystals for more shine. The florals on the card really gives the “wow” factor.

My third card showcases Altenew’s Bejeweled stamp set and Wildflower Garden stamp set. I stamped the florals onto a panel using Altenew’s inks and then foam mounted it onto a black card stock. 




Using a piece of vellum, I gold embossed the butterflies and colored them on the reverse side. I trimmed off a part of the vellum to reveal the floral behind. I taped the vellum onto the floral panel.





I added some glitter on the butterfly with Nuvo glitter brush pen on the embossed side. I taped the entire panel onto my card front, and this completes the card. I love that vellum’s translucent nature creates a dreamy effect on my card. It feels like the butterflies are floating amongst the flowers.

I love love love using alcohol markers in my projects. This course allows me to use these alcohol markers in a different way to create more beautiful card projects. 

Have a wonderful week,
Juliet
















Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

AECP: Level 2 Final Challenge

AECP: Creative Watercolor Media

AECP: Level 1 Final Challenge Masculine cards set