AECP: For the Guys

 Hello,

Welcome back! Today I had fun creating cards for the guys. This course provides practical ideas and tips such as using geometric shapes for the card front design, die cut or fussy cut a stamped image with an ink blended background and using interactive element to make an interesting masculine card.

I used Altenew’s Leaf Medallion stamp set to create my first card.  Using my MISTI tool, I started by stamping the largest stamp with a light green ink. The second largest stamp is inked with a slightly darker green ink. I embossed the third largest stamp set with a gold embossing powder, before continuing to stamp the fourth and fifth stamps with a darker green ink each time.


I like that this card is simple to create and the gold embossed leaves gave it some interest. The different gradients of green makes the card pop from a white background.



I added a sentiment from the same stamp set and added a green backing to the sentiment strip. Then, I foam mounted the sentiment onto the stamped panel. I like to add a green card stock to my card panel before mounting it to the card front. I only added 2 sequins beside the sentiment to add a little interest. 

My second card uses Altenew’s Main Squeeze stamp set. This stamp set has sentiments that has puns and it is really appropriate for a masculine card. I stamped the images in green, yellow and orange ink toward the left of the card panel. I added a sentiment in black on the top right.


I like that the images in this card can be used for both feminine and masculine cards. Using bright colors like orange and yellow gives the card a cheerful and happy mood.



I stamped an extra orange image and fussy cut it out. I used a mini action wobbler behind the cut out and adhered it to the card front. This added interactive element gives the card some interest and fun. Finally, I added some glitter to the cut out with a Nuvo glitter pen. This card is suitable for both the young and old, male and female. I really like the versatility of the images and sentiments.

My third card uses Altenew’s Gradient Sunset stamp set. I created a window by die cutting a circle. Then I embossed the card front using Altenew’s Deck Planks 3D embossing folder. I die cut a rim for the circle using some silver glitter paper.


I stamped the images using colors such as yellow, orange and red to create a “sunset” effect. Then, I stamped the coconut tree, birds and sentiments with Versafine black ink.



I added a transparency behind the circle on the card front and added another coconut tree on top of the circle.  The embossed card front with a silver glitter card stock really gives this card an elegant look. 

I learned that masculine cards does not have to be dull colored or using images that are male friendly. I like that I can use pops of reds, yellows and greens in my cards and also images that can be used in almost any cards. I can also make interactive cards for added interest and fun! I certainly want to make more in the near future!

Have a great week,
Juliet








Comments

  1. Really cool cards, Juliet! Keep it up!
    Thank you for submitting your work to the AECP assignment gallery.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

AECP: Level 2 Final Challenge

AECP: Creative Watercolor Media

AECP: Level 1 Final Challenge Masculine cards set