AECP: Let it shine!

 Hello,


Welcome back! Today I will be using glittery and shiny stuff to make my cards. “Let it Shine” is all about using sequins, glitter, gold glitter card stock or ribbons, foil, embossing powder… anything that can help make the card glittery and / or shiny.

I love using glitter or anything shiny on my card. My first card features Altenew’s Classic Pine Stencil A and B. I used brown and green Altenew ink to color the stencil images.


Then, I used Ranger’s Diamond stickles over all the pine cone images to give it a glittery effect. Once that is dry, I embossed my sentiment using Altenew’s Warm Blessings stamp set in gold embossing powder on a piece of vellum.



I wrapped the vellum around the card panel before adding 2 green card stock to the back of my panel.  I foam mounted my panel onto my card front. The glitter on the pine cones are sparkly and adds some interest onto the card.

My second card features Altenew’s Leafy Wreath die and Season’s Tweetings stamp set. I first embossed a  white card stock using Sizzix’s Knitted 3D embossing folder. Then I die cut three wreath using a green, a gold mirror card stock and a green glitter card stock. 


I stacked the wreath die cuts on top of each other, and glued them down onto the embossed card stock. I stamped the cardinal image and fussy cut it out. I applied Ranger’s Diamond stickles onto the whole cardinal cut-out and allow it to dry.



I glued a piece of red glitter ribbon on top of the wreath. When the cardinal is dry, I foam mounted the image in the center of the wreath. I added some red sequins on the wreath to complete my card.


My third card uses Altenew’s Poinsettia 3D Die set and Deck Planks 3D embossing folder.  I also used Pinkfresh Studio’s Ornate Oval frame die. 


I embossed a card stock using the Deck Planks 3D folder and gently swiped a grey ink pad over the embossed area.  I also die cut the ornate oval frame four times and stacked them up.  I made two poinsettias using the poinsettia die and glued some glitter randomly on the petals for some sparkles.  



To assemble the card, I gathered the poinsettias towards the bottom left of the card. I molded the flowers and made them more dimensional. Then, I added the leaves around the poinsettia. I also added some twine and Altenew’s Layered Snowflakes die cuts to give it more interest and dimension. Finally, I added a few yellow Rhine stones to the center of each poinsettia. 

I love using glitter and sparkles. It does make the cards sparkly and gives it much more interest and fun.  I enjoyed this course very much and I am sure I will be making more of such cards.

Have a wonderful week,
Juliet







 




Comments

  1. oh my god! Your cards took my breath away! So so so good! Well done!
    Thank you for submitting your gorgeous work to the AECP assignment gallery.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

AECP: Level 2 Final Challenge

AECP: Creative Watercolor Media

AECP: Level 1 Final Challenge Masculine cards set