AECP: Seasonal Scene Building

 Hello,

Welcome back! Today’s blog post is all about scene building. You could mask your stamped images to create overlapping images in a scene, use oversized images to create impactful cards, create backgrounds using ink blending, pattered paper with die cuts and elements, use frames to create windows as a well as shaker cards.  These are just some of the techniques you can use to create beautiful cards.

My first card features Altenew’s Wild Hibiscus stamp set to make a card with a frame. I die cut 4 rectangular frames from my nesting dies. I glued 3 of them together first. Using my MISTI, I stamped my images onto the card front.



I laid 1 of my rectangular frame onto the card panel and stamped the same images on it. Then I glued this rectangular frame with the the rest of the frames and adhered them to my card front.



I used Altenew’s watercolor brush markers to color the images and stamped a sentiment on the frame. The frame adds some interest to a flat panel. Part of the image is framed within the die cut. The overflowing image gives this scene a continuous feel. I adhered a few sequins for some shine.

My second card uses Altenew’s Brilliant Baubles stamp set to create a shaker card. I cut out a piece of card stock to 5.5” by 6” and used Hero Arts’s infinity dies to cut out a bauble window. I stamp the baubles using Altenew’s ink around the window to create a cluster of baubles. I stamped a sentiment at the bottom right of the panel and also taped some Altenew gold Washi tape on the bottom left for some added interest.


I cut out a thin outline of the window using silver glitter card stock and adhered onto the panel. Once the stamping is complete, I ink blended some green ink to the edges of the panel and splattered some green spatters. I adhered a piece of transparency on the back of the window and foam taped the whole back panel. 




I added some shiny tiny stars as my confetti for the shaker card and taped my panel to the card front. I added some pine leaves to the top of the card panel and adhered some sequins to it for some sparkle.

My third card showcases Altenew’s Wildflower Garden stamp set. I used this set to create a window card. First, I die cut four windows using a small square die from my nesting dies on the card front.



Then, I went on to stamp the floral images onto the inside of the card with Altenew’s ink. Once the stamping is complete, I ink blended the edges with some distress ink to define the ground and sky. 




I adhered a sentiment strip on the card front as well as stamped another sentiment on the inside of the card. I added some glitter onto the center of each flower for some shine and texture.

This course allows me to explore many different techniques to card making. I enjoy combining 1 or 2 techniques to make my cards more interesting and playful.

Have a wonderful week,
Juliet










Comments

  1. Oh man! You are creating a knockout one after another!! Such wonderful cards! Way to go! Thank you for submitting your work to the AECP assignment gallery.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

AECP: Level 2 Final Challenge

AECP: Creative Watercolor Media

AECP: Level 1 Final Challenge Masculine cards set