AECP: Level 1 Final Challenge Masculine cards set

 Hello,

Welcome back! I am thrilled to showcase my Masculine cards set for Level 1 Final Challenge AECP. In my previous blog posts, I mentioned that I have been challenged to complete 2 sets of cards - feminine and masculine cards, and to choose 3 classes in level 1 to incorporate the elements learnt in my cards. For my masculine cards set, I chose “Let it Shine”, “Irresistible Inking Techniques” and “Clean and Simple Boutique Cards”. Just like my feminine cards, I made a total of 6 cards. I also recycled a plastic package from a previous purchase and used it to package my cards. 


The masculine card designs were based on the Leaf Clusters stamp set. Similar to the feminine cards layout, I was able to create 6 different designs and layout using the leaves stamp. All the sentiments used in the cards are from Floral Shadow stamp set. Each card differs in sentiments but they all have a similar and cohesive theme as a set. All my cards use the leaves stamp as the main focus.  All sentiments are embossed in silver embossing powder and I used silver mirror card stock in all my cards. As for the ink, I used different shades of green ink: mainly LimeadeLimeBambooMoss and Fresh Leaf. I also used Dew Drops, and Aqualicious for a tint of blue for my card projects. I pre-cut out all my panels to be 4” by 5.25”, before stamping. I used Versamark and Altenew silver embossing powder to emboss all my sentiments for all the cards.

For my first card, I stamped the leaves toward the top and bottom half of my panel, leaving the center blank for the sentiment. The leaves are stamped using the same stamp, but with a different colored ink pad each time. The different shades of green and complementing light blue ink gives the design some interest and depth. Then, I stamped my sentiment with Versamark and embossed it with Altenew’s silver embossing powder. I cut out 2 thin strips of silver mirror card stock and glued them to the top and bottom of the panel. I adhered the panel to a card front.


The second card has the leaf clusters stamped toward the top right and bottom left corners of a panel. Using my MISTI, I repositioned the leaf stamp each time I stamp on the panel. I used two different ink tones for the leaves - a lighter and darker shade, for some interest. First, I stamped using a lighter ink pad on the whole stamp, then without repositioning the stamp, I used a darker ink pad to stamp only at the perimeter of the stamp. Even though I used only one image in the panel, I was able to add some interest and depth to my card when I stamp with different ink colors.


I continued to do this on both leaf clusters and then I stamped my sentiment with Versamark and embossed with silver embossing powder. I foam mounted the panel onto a silver mirror card stock and then glued the panel onto a card front.


For the third card, I cut out an extra strip of card stock for the sentiment. It is about 1 inch thick. I traced the width of this card stock onto the card panel and went on to stamp the leaves above and below the lines, leaving the center blank. 


Then, I stamped and embossed the sentiment with silver embossing powder. I adhered 2 thin strips of silver mirror card stock on the back of the sentiment strip. I added foam tape to the back of the sentiment strip and adhered it to the center of the panel. Finally, I foam mounted the entire stamped panel onto a card front.

The fourth card has leaf clusters on the top left and bottom right corner of the panel. First, I die cut a square from a card stock and temporarily adhered it to the center of the panel. Then, I stamp the leaves and reposition the stamp each time on the corners of the panel to get a cluster of leaves. On some of the leaves, I double stamped with a lighter and darker ink color.  To fill up some white spaces, I used a smaller leaf cluster from the same stamp set, and stamped it in a lighter blue ink.

   

I stamped some of the leaves on the corners of the square cut out as well to create some overlaps. Then I die cut a bigger square using a silver mirror card stock to use as a backing for my white square die cut.


After all the leaves are stamped, I stamped and embossed my sentiment on the square cut out. I backed my sentiment with the silver mirror card stock and foam mounted it to the panel. I added 2 thin strips of silver mirror card stock on the top and bottom of my panel. I finished this card by foam mounting the whole panel on my card front.

I stamp my leaves around the perimeter of my panel for my fifth card. I like to stamp them in different shades of green and blue and also reposition my stamp in different directions to form a cluster. 



Sometimes, I will stamp a darker shade of color to give some of the leaves some shading. I like to use the smaller leaf cluster stamp on the acrylic block to fill up spaces between the bigger leaves. 


Once all the leaves are stamped, I embossed my sentiment at the center of the panel with silver embossing powder. I adhered my panel onto a silver mirror card stock and foam mounted the whole panel onto a card front.

For the sixth card, I stamped my leaves toward the bottom half of a horizontal panel. Overlapping the leaves with different colored tones gives the images more interests and depth. I embossed my sentiments with silver embossing powder at the center of the panel.


I glued the panel towards the bottom right of a silver mirror card stock, and adhered it to the center of a card front. This completes all my cards in this set.




I made coordinating envelopes for my set of cards. I stamped 6 white envelopes with the leafy stamp image and use the same ink color combinations to match my cards using my MISTI tool. 



To package my set of cards, I reused an acetate box from a previous purchase. I like that the cards and envelopes fit nicely into the box. The transparent nature of the box allows the cards to be displayed. I also added a blue satin ribbon to decorate the box.

I find it easier to complete my masculine cards probably because I did not use as many stamps as I did for my feminine cards. It is still quite a challenge as I do not have many “masculine” stamp elements and I had to make use of what I have to come up with my card designs. I got to stretch my creativity and had tons of fun at the same time. I hope you like this tutorial and will also try to use what you have to make a “masculine” gift set of your own. 

Have a great week,
Juliet 


















Comments

  1. These look fab! Could work as a unisex than a masculine card set.
    Thank you for submitting your work to the AECP assignment gallery.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

AECP: Level 2 Final Challenge

AECP: Creative Watercolor Media