AECP: In the mood for color

 Hello,

Welcome back to my second level 2 course blog: In the mood for color. We use colors in our card creations to express and convey our our moods or feelings on our cards. Using Altenew supplies and a variety of coloring medium such as water colors, copic markers, color pencils, ink pads, inks, colored papers etc., I can choose the right colors to help express my sentiments on the cards.

My first card uses Altenew’s Build-a-flower: Rose stamp set. Using shades of pink Altenew ink, I can convey the feeling of  “sensitive, caring and sweetness”. I used the layering stamps to stamp the image of the beautiful rose and die cut the image with the coordinating die. I also stamped the layered leaves images and cut them with the coordinating die as well.



I cut a piece of card stock and cut it diagonally in half, and embossed it using Sunny Studio’s Quilted Hearts embossing folder. I adhered this to a 4” by 5.25” card stock. I added a thin strip of black glitter card stock and a thin strip of gold mirror card stock above the embossed panel.



I added a pink card stock as a backing for the panel and glued it onto a card front. I foam mounted the rose die cut toward the left of the panel and added the leaves behind the rose. To finish the card, I used some shimmer spritz and some sequins for some sparkle.

My second card features Altenew’s Layered Snowflakes die. I like to use the color blue to convey the feeling of “tranquility and calmness” in this card. First, I die cut the snowflakes on white card stock, vellum, silver glitter card stock and holographic card stock. Then, I used a 4” by 5.25” water color paper for the blue distress ink background. 


Using different shades of blue distress oxide ink, I spritzed the water color paper with water to create a blue background. Once the ink is completely dry, I arranged the snowflakes on the panel and glued them down. I added a silver mirror card stock backing for the water color panel. 



I embossed a sentiment from Altenew’s Warm Blessings stamp set in silver glitter embossing powder and adhered it to the panel. I foam mounted the water color panel onto a card front and added some diamond jewels for more bling and shine.

My third card uses Altenew’s Persian Motifs stamp set. This card features the teal color which is like a mix of blue and green to emit the mood that is “soothing, growth and natural”. Using 4” by 5.25” water color, I embossed the images in clear embossing powder.


Then, I colored the images using a mixture of blue and green watercolor paint. The embossed images help to “contain” the water within the images.  I embossed a sentiment from Altenew’s Bejeweled stamp set in gold embossing powder.



I added a strip of black glitter card stock on card front and glued a thin strip of gold mirror card stock at the back of the water color panel. Then, I foam mounted the entire water color panel onto the card front. Once again, I added a few sequins on my card.

I love that I am able to use colors to convey how I feel in my cards. Colors, like sentiments, are powerful tools to create the “right” mood and feeling in our card creations.

Have a great week,
Juliet




Comments

  1. OH MY GOD!! These cards are so gorgeous!!! You blow me away with your beautiful work!
    Thank you for submitting your gorgeous work to the AECP assignment gallery.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

AECP: Level 2 Final Challenge

AECP: Creative Watercolor Media

AECP: Level 1 Final Challenge Masculine cards set