AECP: With a Twist

 Hello,

Today’s blog is all about using my existing crafting materials and thinking of different ways to “jazz up” my paper crafting projects. Thinking out of the box and using the materials differently from my usual way of card making and crafting will be my focus in my projects.

The first card uses Altenew’s Build-a-flower:Daffodil stamp set. I cut a piece of 8.5 x 11 inch card stock into half, each measuring 4.25” x 11” and scored it at 5.5”. I cut out an oval on one of the card stock using one of my infinity dies to create a window. Then, I cut out a frame using gold mirror card stock and added a piece of a acetate at the back of the window.


Using the other half card stock, I traced the perimeter of the oval with a pencil and then stamped the daffodil images with yellow Altenew inks. I added a sentiment toward the left of the card stock.



After erasing the pencil oval mark, I overlapped the 2 card stocks together to form a “Z” folded card. This card fold differently from my usual A2 cards that I usually create and it has a window opening that shows the images in the card instead of the card front.

My second card features Altenew’s Diamond Frame Cover Die and Poinsettia 3D Die Set. First, I die cut the poinsettia using some patterned card stock and bend the petals to make them more dimensional. I also die cut some pine leaves using Sizzix’s thinlits, using gold mirror card stock and silver glitter card stock.


I created an A2 card size and cut off one side of the card stock leaving only 1/8” paper near the fold. I die cut the Diamond Frame cover three times - once using Neenah’s Desert storm card stock and twice using white card stock. I stacked these cut outs together and glued it onto the 1/8” card front. This created a “see through” card front for my card. 



I adhered the pine leaves and poinsettia toward the bottom left of the frame and added a piece of vellum on the other half of the card. Finally, I added some gems in the center of the poinsettia. I like that this card, unlike the regular A2 cards has openings and has the see-through feature which makes it interesting and fun.

My third card uses Altenew’s Wildflower Garden and Birds of a feather stamp sets. Inspired by Jennifer McGuire, I created a shadow box card using these products. When the card is closed, it folds flat nicely and looks like a regular A2 card. But when it is opened, the card “pops” up and the images look very dimensional.


I die cut an oval to create a window frame on the inside of the card. Then, I stamped the floral images on a 3” x 5.25” card stock and adhered it behind the frame. I die cut the 2 birds using the coordinating dies and stamped them using Altenew’s inks. 




I adhered a 1” black glitter card stock and a thin strip of gold mirror card stock onto the card front. I foam mounted the blue and purple bird and glued the branch on the card front. Then, I glued the purple/pink bird on the corner of the frame and branch inside the card. I added a few sequins on the front of the card. This card has a fun pop-up feature that adds an element of surprise. 

I like to create cards that are unique and special. It adds lots of fun and interest. I had fun creating them today.

Have a great week,
Juliet


Comments

  1. Oh my goodness! These cards are amazing!! The last one blew my mind! Fantastic!
    Thank you for submitting your wonderful work to the AECP assignment gallery.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

AECP: Level 2 Final Challenge

AECP: Creative Watercolor Media

AECP: Level 1 Final Challenge Masculine cards set